Saturday, July 5, 2008

PART TWO: TROUBLESHOOTING SOLUTION

Troubleshooting


Transmission System

























ProblemCauseSolution
Rotation of gears become unsmoothLack of lubrication oil; The fitting between gear and shaft sleeve too tightAdd in enough lubrication oil; Grind sleeve or replace gear
Squaeak from the gearExcessive wear of gears; Excessive wear of the bearingReplace
DisengagementDeformation or wear of the shift fork; Unsufficiency or break of set spring of the fork spindle Replace




Driving Wheel & Brake System
























ProblemCauseSolution
Oil leak in the brake drum Spoilt seal; Oil leakage of wheel cylinder Replace seal; Replace rubber cup and seal
Noise from axle Excessive wear of taper gear; Excessive wear cross shaft of different gear; Excessive wear of taper roller bearing or become loose; Lack of lubricant oil
Replace gear or adjust the clearance; Replace or adjust bearing; Add in sufficient lubricant oil
Poor foot braking Excessive clearance between drum & shoe lining; Clumsiness of master pump rubber cup; Air in the tube; Oil leakage; Excessive wear of lining; Excessive free stroke of brake pedal Adjust the drum & shoe lining; Replace the rubber cup; Bleed the lining; Replace the brake pedal

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Sir,

I really appreciate you for all the valuable goods that you are providing us through your blog.
I have plan to operating a forklift. forkliftacademy.com is a famous operating forkliftacademy company in CA. Can you suggest me, which one is better for forklift certification training for me.


Forklift Operator Training

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the advice. I was hoping I wouldn't have to hire a forklift service to come out and help but this answered my question!

Unknown said...

Seems like there are so many things that could go wrong with this type of machinery. I am glad i decided to do more research before getting behind the wheel of one of these things. This blog is very helpful, Thank you!
Forklift Calgary Service

Unknown said...

I have spent a lot of the time in different blogs but this is really a unique blog for me. forklift train the trainer certification

Unknown said...

Thank you for this article, I read it, it was useful to me.
How to get forklift license

Unknown said...

I suggest everyone read What to expect during a safety inspection. This info really helped me and my boss, Greg. Shoot!